PIECES WORTH INVESTING IN
Yes, there are wardrobe staples that every woman should have, but this doesn’t mean that because they are wardrobe staples you have to invest in all of them. In my opinion, your lifestyle plays an important role when deciding whether or not you should invest in a particular piece for your closet.
There’s something called cost per wear, and the lower it is the better. Meaning that when you wear an item over and over and over, the cost per wear keeps getting lower and lower, which only means that you have made a great decision on getting that item because you have given it a great amount of wearability. How do you feel when you spend $300 on a pair of shoes that sit on your closet and rarely gets used? Now compare it to how you feel when you spend $200 on a pair of jeans you use 4 times a week? See what I mean?
(Source: The Vault Files)
THOUGHTS ABOUT 2014
Entering this new year made me both excited and scared. I am excited at the thought that my breakthroughs would come this year and that I get to check off my faith goals before the year ends. But at the same time scared at the thought that everything would fall apart if they don’t happen in time, even terrified at the possibility that months from now I might be unemployed and without confirmation of whether I could go to university or not.
The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest. (Exodus 14:14)
It’s amazing how you stumble upon a scripture and it changes you, it gives you hope. It reminded me that I just have to let go of all the fears and frustrations and let God be in control. And that if I stay in peace, He can work on my behalf, He will fight my battles and lead me into the victory He has promised. Lastly, it’s always good to be reminded of this verse that has helped me through some tough times:
Be still, and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)
#102 My brother just told me that his friend described me as the sister who always has a lot of likes on facebook and the one that doesn’t have a boyfriend.
Yep, facebook pretty much made it obvious that I’m single. Hahaha!
- Spent the first weekend of 2014 with this trio. Not cool.
- Hoping I’d feel better by tomorrow so I can go back to work!
Our mistakes, our failures, our poor choices don’t have to keep us from our God-given destiny. With God, it’s not about the way you start in life, it’s about the way you finish. Receive His grace today and embrace the bright future He has in store for you!
Can’t wait for what God has in store for me this 2014!!
- You know it’s winter when you have to wake up really early just to shovel the driveway or else you won’t be able to get out
- The snow storm last night resulted to this. It was hard to walk since it’s knee-deep, having to shovel makes it even worse.
- Our street hasn’t been plowed yet so good thing our boss volunteered to drive us to work. Yay!
- This winter has been crazy with snowfalls! We had two snow storms just this month and it just keeps on snowing every now and then.
- And to think that it’s only the first winter month. 2 more months to go! No more snow storms, please!!