“…I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.” (Philippians 4:11)
When we learn to be content whatever the circumstances, it takes away the power of the enemy. It takes away his ability to frustrate us. Not only that, but by our actions we are showing our faith in God. When you choose to trust in His timing, you can live in peace, you can live in joy, and you can rest in Him knowing that He has good things in store for your future.
1. You were the guinea pig of this whole ordeal. By the second kid and onward, parents’ initial disdain for their little alien looking infants subsides and they really cool it on what constitutes grounds for time out. You, unfortunately, never got to reap the benefits of this.
2. The phrase “you never let ME do that when I was your age” has been uttered from your mouth more times than you can count.
3. You ended up being mommy’s little helper with your younger siblings, aka, this is how mommy is going to make you feel special while simultaneously getting you to throw out poop diapers for her. You did some baby grunt work in your day.
4. You were blamed for everything because even if you weren’t the one at fault, “you are older and you should know better.”
5. Despite their nuances, you actually took on the burden of being a full-time bodyguard, because you were the only person ever allowed to tease or beat them up.
6. You’re often accused of being bossy, or you’ve at least had someone nod and say ahh when you told them that you were the oldest child.
7. You still call them your “baby” brother or sister.
Read the rest here.
- My first holiday cup of the year so I got me some S’mores hot chocolate with whipped cream
- We ordered a turkey sandwich and asked for it to be reheated. They said they would just bring it to our table afterwards. After maybe ten minutes of waiting, my sister decided to come up and ask for it. Turns out, the sandwich was just laying there so in return, they offered us another reheated sandwich and gave us 2 free cookies. Not bad.
- Studying Stockholder’s equity and I’m down to my last two weeks of my online course
- Since I have dance practice after work, my sister decided to just wait for me and we would hangout at Second Cup afterwards thus #TuesdaysAtSecondCup was born
What if I haven’t met God’s best for me yet and then one day, someone comes up to me and say, “I know this is totally crazy but I believe you’re the girl God wants for me.” And then, he goes on telling me a story of how he was instructed to go to a certain place where he would find a girl dressed in a certain way or doing something specific and voila, he sees me exactly how it was described.
It’s totally out of the blue, but boy would it be an interesting twist to my love story!
#101 It’s ironic how I’m the one who makes coffee when I’m the only one who doesn’t drink coffee in the office.
There was one time when I was asked to make a latte and the client loved it. So ever since then, my boss kept bragging about my latte ability to our clients. The thing is, I don’t measure how much steamed milk or flavoured creme I put in and I have no idea how good they really taste since I have never tried any of the lattes I made. So it’s awesome how they like it every single time!
My boss after a 7-hr video shoot: I know this isn’t part of your job description, but can you please make me a latte? I just really need to boost my energy.
It’s really nice to know how you can help someone out with the little things you do!