All night long I search for you; in the morning I earnestly seek for God… Isaiah 26:9, NLT.
Jesus said in Matthew 6, “Seek first the kingdom of God.” That word “seek” is a strong word. One definition is “to require as a vital necessity.” You have to see spending time with God as being vital to living a victorious life because some mornings we think, “I don’t want to get up early. I don’t feel like reading my Bible. I don’t feel like going to church today.” But once you get in a habit and see the benefits of how you feel refreshed and restored, you make better decisions, you’re more creative, you have God’s favor, and then you’ll think, “I can’t afford not to do it. When I don’t spend time with God, I don’t feel right. Something is missing.” “When I don’t go to church I don’t have the wisdom, the clarity, the direction. I don’t have the boost that I need for the week.”
Scripture says, “Seek first.” That indicates that we should take time for God at the start of the day. Don’t give Him your leftover time. Make Him a part of your normal routine. Make Him your first priority. Seek Him first, seek Him earnestly, and watch what He will do on your behalf.
Because, although it was brief, when it was good, oh God, it was good. It’s rare for me to feel so comfortable with someone. So silly. So sarcastic. So…me. I loved that you could keep up. Dish it right back to me. Come up with a response even wittier than the last.
During the daytime I manage not to think about you at all. Not to utter your name. Not to wonder where you are or what you’re doing or if I ever cross your mind. But like clockwork, the sun drops below the horizon, my head hits the pillow, and there you are. Flooding my thoughts.
I know I still make mistakes but You have new mercies for me everyday. Your love never fails!
- My new tape dispenser in the office which according to Kathy is so me haha
- Resting after a long day of shopping
- Getting a free teddy bear, winning the prize in the treasure chest and eating a lot of free food!! Gotta love Covey Basics’ Office Productivity Show & Sale event!
- Having the best mom in the whole wide world!! Thanks for all the care and love you give, not to mention the meals.At times, I get kinda nervous and forget to tell you how I feel. But mom, I adore you and I’ll do anything for you. Because you love me for who I am, I’ll always love you, mom!
- Coming home to a mom that prepares you food because she knew you’d be hungry
- Ice cream on a warm sunny day
- My new calculator