MUD HERO 2014
- Participated in a 6 km race with over 15 obstacle courses
- I used to be a CAT officer back in high school so when I heard about this event, I was excited to try it!
- The first obstacle was a km of steep hill so I was already dying during the first 10 minutes of the race. The uphill and my asthma just don’t work well together!
- But after that, it was all fun because of the different mud obstacles we have to do. There were some uphill and downhill parts throughout the race but not as bad as the first one.
- So glad there were photographers all over the area and that they give you access to your pictures for free!
- Also, one my friends brought his go pro with him during the race. Can’t wait to see the video!
My sister and her boyfriend, Zach we’re trying to be sweet by holding hands during the mud slide obstacle. But since the gap between the slides became bigger, they ended up pulling each other instead. Haha!
Someone gave us free ice cold treats for performing on Canada Day!
- A lady suddenly approached us and asked if we were the ones performing Tinikling earlier then she gave each one of us freezepops.
- It was a really hot day so we were so happy for her kind gesture!
- To think that we’re from the Philippines and we’re complaining about the heat so yes, it was blazing hot.
I’ve been told that I couldn’t chew on anything for a few days after I get my wisdom teeth out so I did my grocery shopping over the weekend to prepare for it! Since I’m so into the healthy lifestyle these past few weeks, I took this as an opportunity to indulge in green smoothies.
To avoid spoiling the fruits and to keep my smoothie cold without using ice, I packed everything in ziplock bags and stored it in the freezer. It’s convenient as well since I can just grab it and blend. All I needed to add was milk, greek yogurt, honey or peanut butter which I wrote down so I wouldn’t forget the recipe.
#110 I don’t like drinking medicine.
It’s not that I don’t like the taste or that I have a hard time swallowing it, but it’s because of something my Chemistry professor told me before. She said that if you always drink medicine or rely on it a lot, your body eventually gets immune to it thus making you consume more each time. Ever since then, whenever I get sick, I try to stay away from medicines and drink lots of water instead.
I just had my wisdom teeth out and one of the prescription was Ibuprofen (which I believe is the pain killer). Since, it was stated in the bottle that I take it every 6 hours when needed for pain, I decided not to take it seriously. So I only took it once when it started to really hurt 6 hours after. When I went back to work, Kathy told me that Ibuprofen would help with the swelling… my bad!! So now, I’ve been trying to drink it every 6 hours just to get rid of my puffy cheeks!
P.S. Thank God my face is really small so it looks normal to other people even if it’s swollen!!
I haven’t been running throughout this week because I’m not feeling too well to do any kind of workout. Worse thing is, I kept eating rice, wheat and sweets these past few days. I’m already noticing a huge difference in my body so I have to really get back on track!! But since it’s my birthday weekend, more cheat days. Hahaha!
- Walking all the way to downtown with Jen and getting to her place just before it rained so hard
- Katrina won the opposite day contest! Go HERicanes!!
- Finally getting that much needed massage
- "Fruitful" discussion at our leadership meeting led by the sleepy Ptr. Tony haha
- Running around downtown with these girls for the Annual Photo Scavenger Hunt and winning 2nd place. Yay!!
- Finding this gem on our way back to downtown. I love swings!!
- Having the time to paint my nails and watch HIMYM. I love lazy weekends!
- Movie night, Spring Rolls, and Adam getting to celebrate his birthday with the girls
- Walking with the FUNtastic crew, despite the cold weather, then warming ourselves up at Second Cup after
- Sushi date with Chelsy and successfully teaching her how to use chopsticks
- Winning the lingerie-making contest at Amber’s bridal shower party
- Krista finally taught me how to drive standard
- Awesome pointguard group time with the HERicanes and having the Katrinas tag team in prayer
- Hanging out with the HERicanes and knowing that the Lady Queen Bees won their rugby game earlier. So proud of these girls!!
When I ordered fries at McDonald’s:
"I made it extra large for you!"