Yes. Yes, I am. And my family and friends kept teasing me with every single guy in the vicinity. Oh, the single life. Haha!
We were supposed to do a photoshoot today at the Walking Bridge downtown. When we got there, it was somehow muddy (and I was wearing my new boots…) but we still tried to see if we can find a nice spot to take pictures. We were at the halfway mark just to realize that it was too cold as well. So we went back to the car and decided to go to Crepe Suzette to get some hot chocolate. As soon as we reached the entrance, we found out that it was closed. They have their hours at the door and it said that they close at 4pm. To our surprise, the city clock stroke 4pm as soon as we got there, just our luck. We then decided to do an indoor photoshoot at the library. We figured it would be empty since it’s March break and most people are on vacation. But lo and behold, it was packed with people and it was so quiet that you can hear the camera click.
So yea… today was like “The Series of Unfortunate Events” movie. But we had tons of fun laughing at all our fail moments. We then ventured off to the mall to go grab some food and go shopping. Retail therapy always seem to work! We ended up goofing around and taking selfies. And then we went to Sears and sat down in their most comfortable sofa to rest our tired feet.
- Listening to our last karaoke session for the first time after not seeing the mean girls for 2 years. And those sweet/funny messages in between songs made me miss them more!
- Having your super cool and awesome youth pastor teach you how to skate
- Being able to cook meals in the office
- Finding the charger you thought you had already lost in all that snow
- Seeing your brother’s name in the newspaper for being one of the top scorers in the recently held basketball game
- This lemon coconut bread that my thoughtful boss gave me
"I broke you off a piece because it’s just too delicious not to share."
- Meeting new people (Justin and Becky)
- Bowling for the first time and getting the highest score
- Hanging out with the HERicanes at Kingswood Park (Pizza + Bowling + Lazer Tag)
We were supposed to go skating and sledding but since it was warm today, they decided to close the skating rink. I wasn’t too disappointed since I couldn’t skate without the sidebars anyway. Haha!
Running seems like a great idea until you actually start running
Hahaha so true! A friend of mine invited me to go running with them on Tuesday nights but I work til 5pm and I have dance til 6pm so I would be dead tired by 6:30 pm to run. And I’m not much of a runner anyway. I mean I try to be healthy and all. And I told myself I should start walking/jogging/running for #GetFitFeburary but it was too cold to go outside. Haha! Can’t wait for spring!
Today in pictures
- View from our basement, mom and Keilah clearing the walkway, Krista and Edward taking the snow off the car, and the knee-deep snow that made it hard for us to walk around
- My friends and I were supposed to go skating today but the roads are so bad that we couldn’t go out. Church services this morning were cancelled too because of the snow storm so I’m basically stuck at home!
- I’m hoping the weather wouldn’t be as bad in the evening though so I can attend our College and Career service.
Skating x Munchkins
- Celebrated Valentine’s day like any other Friday night by going ice skating and playing card games
- Slowly overcoming my fear of skating, thanks to Jen and David!
- Jen is also one of the leaders in the church so when she sensed how nervous I was, she reminded me of our devotional last night about David facing his fears.
- I remember taking note of Psalm 56:3, “When I am afraid, i put my trust in You.” It’s amazing how verses really apply to our daily lives!
- I just got my university acceptance letter! YAY!!!
- The Associate Dean is helping me out so that I won’t have to repeat all 4 years of the accounting course. She was really nice and sympathetic as she wanted me to only take subjects that are required for the CPA exams. But since the law and tax policies are different for each country, I have to take it for sure. I love studying law so I don’t mind!
- I’m starting this fall and I’m excited to finally be able to pursue my accounting career!
Pointguard Instagram Photo Challenge: Planking
Back to when it was summer and I still had short hair.
Pointguard Instagram Photo Challenge Day 4: Inspiring Person
It’s hard to put into words how my parents have inspired me in so many ways, they have shaped me into the person I am today and who I hope to be in the future. They inspire me to love others just as Jesus loved us. And what I love most is how God-centered and amazing their relationship is which inspires me to really wait for God’s best in my life. Thank you, mom and dad. Love you!!