- We are having non-stop snow for a week according to the weather forecast. And winter is just starting…
- Best part of having a snowy day is being able to wear my Hello Kitty ear muffs!
- Looks like we’re having a White Christmas which I love!
- We were supposed to watch this movie yesterday but I have dance practice after work and my sister was too tired to go on the 9pm one.
- And guess what? My younger brothers got to watch the movie with their friends! They kept telling me how good it was which is making me sooo jealous!
- Sad thing is I’d have to wait for another week to watch it because (a) I’m busy with work and other stuff and (b) it’s 50% off on Tuesdays, It’s mostly because of the latter.
- Celebrated my mom and brother’s birthday with the Crainsters
- Had apple crisp with vanilla ice cream on top which I loved!
- Jamming session with this musical fam
- Photoshoot at their backyard (yes, my bangs are back!!)
- Lastly, bonfire in this cold weather
Today marks our 2nd year of staying here in Canada.
This pic just proves how happy we are despite the trials we’ve been through during the trip. Our flight with PAL got delayed so when we got to Hongkong, we missed our flight to Vancouver. Air Canada only has one flight per day so we had no choice but to stay in the airport for 24 hours. Good thing, there was another lady that was stranded with us. She had suman (rice cake) in her handbag which she gladly shared. Yay!
When we got to Vancouver, we got held up again. The reason why we booked our flight a week after we got our visa is for us to be able to spend Thanksgiving with our relatives. But we didn’t arrive in time for that.
Despite the many problems we had, I’m still glad that we have a faithful God that never fails to fulfill His promises. He promised that our family will be together again and here we are reunited with dad. And we’ve never been happier! When you trust Him, you wouldn’t be disappointed. He will come through for you, always.
#90 It’s funny how I can relate to the song, Everybody’s Got Somebody But Me.
Yesterday, I was hanging out with my sisters and their boyfies when someone suddenly hugged me from behind. It was my cousin, Faith pala who then told me, “don’t worry, you have me!” LOL. She is just the sweetest! I honestly don’t mind though since I treat them as my brothers so I don’t feel much of a third wheel (or a fifth wheel in our case).
I know my time will come so I’m waiting expectantly for God’s best!
P.S. I love Kina Grannis’ cover of this song. She has such a beautiful voice! Go check out her youtube channel here.
- Had a busy week so I’m glad for the upcoming 3-day Thanksgiving weekend!!
- Shoot with the Premier at our studio
- Made latte without realizing it was meant for him (hope it tasted good!)
- He winked at me before he left (so maybe he did like the latte)
- Despite his high rank in the government, he doesn’t have any bodyguard. That’s why I love the city I live in, it’s such a safe place!
- Global news used our studio for one of their interviews and they brought a bunch of people in (moms with babies included)
- Before that, we had a shoot with one of our biggest client. Then, we had meetings and audio recording jobs in between. So yea, what a day!
P.S. The picture just explains the craziness that happened. I’ve never seen our parking lot this full!
DARE TO BE HAPPY WITH WHO YOU ARE
"When you go around trying to be somebody else, not only does it demean you; it steals your uniqueness."
#88 I have always wanted to try travelling by myself.
To be honest, I am scared of the idea of travelling alone because what if I get lost and people there couldn’t (or choose not to) understand a word I’m saying? What if I didn’t have enough street wisdom/skill to survive? But when I think of all the good things I can benefit from that journey, it makes me giddy inside. I get to meet new people and maybe spend one of the best nights with them. I get to see all the architectural beauty that place has to offer and try out their to-die-for selection of food. And just being able to let go of that fear is like a breath of fresh air.
I feel like when you are alone, you get to focus on God all the more, And I think this is a great way to spend time with Him and appreciate the beauty of His creation.
#86 I love receiving handwritten letters.
Whether it’s long or short or a note written on a sticky note, it doesn’t matter to me. I keep everything.
I have this box of letters that I brought with me when we moved out of the country. It has letters even way back in elementary (or middle school) days which is at least 10 years ago. I love how so many things have changed and yet reading those letters brings me back to that certain moment in time.
- My cousin is back from Norway after 6 weeks!
- She was surprised on how tan she is compared to us since she didn’t go to the beach that often when she was there.
- Unplanned matching leopard tops